Friday, March 11, 2011

Major Earthquake and Tsunami hits Japan

Most of you probably don't know that I am half Japanese. My mother is from Tokyo and all of her relatives live there or the northern surrounding area. As of tonight, all communication is non-existent. I hope that my relatives are okay and hope to hear from them soon. I lived in Japan when I was a small child on the Island of Okinawa and then in my early 20's as a English teacher on the Island of Kyushu.  Getty and I went to Japan when we played on the World Ultimate Team and visited my relatives. So needless to say, Japan is near and dear to my heart.

I sit in shock as I watch the newscast and see the level of destruction. Lives are lost and people are stunned by the upheaval. This will require a huge rebuilding of their lives and it will have an impact on them for their rest of their lives

Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts. If I hear anything, I will update this blog. I am at a loss for words for how I feel right now.





2 comments:

Joan said...

Such destruction. I am at a loss for words also. I will think good thoughts and say healing prayers for your relatives and friends who are living there.

An English Shepherd said...

Very sad time, hope everyone you know is OK.