Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japan Earthquake Update from our family

We have been worried sick over here trying to find out how my mother's side of the family is faring in Japan. Today she was able to get in touch with her second sister.  Yesterday she got in touch with her first sister.The first sister's house was hit by the earthquake but can be fixed and everyone is OK. My cousin was stranded in the train and he had to sleep on the floor and finally made his way home. The power was out in Tokyo for 24 hours, telephones were down and general mayhem.

The telephones and power are slowly coming back online and it still is a mess. Tokyo is stalled and trying to get back to some sort of semblance. They got hit with another aftershock today. People are numb and confused. Families are torn apart and people don't know if their loved one are dead or lost. It's like a war zone.

The second sister house is fine and all is OK there. They are still trying to get in touch with my cousin who lives in Nagano. No word yet. They got hit with a 6.6 earthquake yesterday.

My mother dear friend sister and family lives in Sendai. They are not able to find them. Sendai was hit by the tsunami, then fire finished off the rest of the city. Other cities are wiped out.

Now there was one nuclear explosion and fears of a second. The photos and videos are mind numbing and full of despair. I want to hop on a plane and help but my mother vetoed that idea.

Instead I am going to donate to the AMERICAN RED CROSS. Please donate and her is the info. If everyone donates just $10 it would be wonderful

AMERICAN RED CROSS - U.S. mobile phone users can text REDCROSS to 90999 to add $10 automatically to your phone bill. Or visit http://www.redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.

My mother will update me and I will post it to the blog. Please keep Japan in your prayers and donate to help those who are in need now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what your family is going through at this time. Prayers being sent. We have a nephew there but he is at the Naval air base and ok, normally he trains pilots but now is helping with life flights.
Hugs
Pat